Free the child's potential, and you will transform him into the world. -Maria Montessori
A world where the whole person is recognized and valued
To cultivate Human Potential
The first step towards enable each child to reach their full human potential is for a child to be in harmony with self and environment. This is accomplished as a child learns to work and enjoys working. Work ,the process, not the product, is what brings fulfillment of the FIVE MAIN GOALS:
1. Concentration: The ability to observe and comprehend, the ability to remain focused on a task for ever increasing amounts of time.
2. Independence: in choices, in decision-making, in care of person and environment and in the responsibility for learning.
3. Inner Discipline: necessary for social and academic development.
4. Purposeful Activity: learning to engage in purposeful activity, as opposed to chaotic or nervous activity
5. Joyful Accomplishment: to experience the feeling of, and to quest for joyful accomplishment (the positive experience is what propels a child to accept himself and desire further knowledge).
With these goals in mind, each child is guided in development at FIVE LEVELS:
- Physical - potential learning problems can first be spotted in a young child’s ability to control movements.
- Emotional - young children need patience and guidance to learn to control and express their feelings.
- Intellectual - young children are collectors of knowledge (they absorb it from their environment).
- Mental - to know, to experience, to use all known information for experiments and problem-solving.
- Spiritual - develops strength of character, revelation of true personality, and desire to be of service to others.