|Toddler Program||18 months to ~36 months|
|Academic Day||8:30 - 2:30 p.m (Academic Year Only)|
|Full Day (Including Before/After School Care)||6:30 a.m - 6:00 p.m (Full- Year Program)|
The first three years of a child's life are a time of rapid development and discovery. The toddler community provides the child with an atmosphere of freedom and respect; where his blossoming independence is encouraged.
Children are given the freedom to make choices and to explore interests. While learning to care for one’s self, the community and the environment the child will develop and practice skills that serve as the foundation and preparation for life. The Guide’s role in the community is to follow and observe the child; discovering his needs and interests as they are revealed. The Guide also offers assistance in a way that helps the child to help himself. It is our hope that every child will leave the toddler community with a foundation of confidence, strength and independence upon which he will construct his future self.
The Toddler Environment and Curriculum includes:
- Food preparation and snacks
- Outdoor Exploration
- A work area including a language area, practical life materials, manipulative and expressive materials
- A dining area where children and guides eat family style
- A sleeping area with provided mats, linens and blankets
- Outdoor environment, which opens directly onto a private and secure butterfly garden with herbs, bird feeders and play equipment