MHFC offers a variety of events throughout the year designed to bring families together and build community. A great way of getting involved at Montessori House for Children is through the new Parent Association of Volunteers (PAV)
School Year Participation Opportunities: Volunteer opportunities outside of the Parent Association are available through a classroom sign-up and during Parent Orientation. These include:
Parent Readers: Excellent opportunity to support and encourage our emergent/fluent and fluent readers.
Drive-through Helpers: Greet arriving students in drive-through, assist in/out of their cars.
Room Parents: Assist with seasonal projects, cultural and special events. Welcome class parents, and organize classroom meet ups.Organize classroom holiday gifts and teacher appreciation day.
EC 1 & EC 2 Aug 19th 3-4 pm (parents only please)
EC 3 Aug 19th 4-5 pm (parents only please)
Lower Elementary Aug 20th 10-11 am (students are welcome)
Upper Elementary Aug 20th 10-11 am (students are welcome)
Positive Parenting Classes
Fall 2016 Introduction to Positive Parenting
Young Parents Educational Seminar: Oct 22nd 2016
(This free seminar is being organized by one of our MHFC parents. )
Parenting and family life books:
- Blessings of a Skinned Knee – Wendy Mogel
- Getting it Right with Children – Madelyn Swift
- The New Six-Point Plan for Raising Happy Healthy Children-John Rosemond
- Montessori Madness - Trevor Eissler
- Absorbent Mind - Maria Montessori
- The Discovery of the Child - Maria Montessori
- Montessori: The science behind the genius - Angeline Stoll Lillard
- The Montessori Method - June Goodrich
- The Tao of Montessori: Reflections on Compassionate Teaching - Catherine McTamaney